Construction. Business. Law.
We Handle It All.
Gavin David Magaziner
Gavin David Magaziner, born Miami, FL; admitted to the Florida Bar, 2005.
Prior to establishing his firm, Mr. Magaziner represented clients in complex criminal matters as an Assistant Public Defender for over six years. He subsequently spent seven years in the military and discharged honorably as a Captain in the U.S. Army Judge Advocate General's Corps. As a JAG, Mr. Magaziner litigated in both defense and prosecutorial roles, directed special investigations involving military justice, and served as liaison between the Florida Army National Guard and outside government agencies. Following his military service, he entered the realm of civil litigation with practices primarily focused on defense against first-party and third-party insurance claims, including personal injury litigation, property insurance claims, sinkhole litigation, construction defect, and general negligence claims. By 2016, Mr. Magaziner's practice concentrated largely on construction defect defense, and by 2018, he almost exclusively practiced construction law.
Mr. Magaziner practices primarily in first-party and third-party insurance defense, including insurance coverage litigation, property insurance claims, and sinkhole litigation.
- Construction Law
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- Stetson University College of Law, St. Petersburg, Florida
- Juris Doctor - 2004
- Honors: Certificate of Concentration in International Law
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- B.A. - 2001
- Major: History
- Judge Advocate General’s Legal Center and School, Charlottesville, Virginia
- Diploma - 2010
- Major: Military Law
- Army Commendation Medal, Secretary of the Army, United States Army, 2012 – Present
- Army Achievement Medal, HHB 164th ADA Brigade, Florida National Guard, 2009 – Present
- Dedicated Service Award, Office of the Public Defender, 6th Cir., 2011 – Present
- Best Advocate, Florida Public Defender College, 2007 – Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Florida Bar Association